The NSWRL is pleased to announce the Harvey Norman NSW Under 19s Women’s team to face Queensland at the Sunshine Coast on Friday 25 June.
The 19-person squad includes nine players from the Harvey Norman Under 19s City team and nine players from the Harvey Norman Under 19s Country team which competed at the recent National Championships in Redcliffe, with one player also being selected from outside those representative teams.
The team will be coached by Blake Cavallaro, who coaches the Indigenous Academy Sydney Roosters team in the Harvey Norman Tarsha Gale Cup.
The Under 19s City team just missed out on the finals after losing 6-4 to the Queensland Sapphires while the Under 19s Country team suffered a similar fate after a 12-10 loss to the Queensland Rubys.
Harvey Norman NSW Women’s State of Origin coach Kylie Hilder said she had been impressed by the performances of both teams at the National Championships.
“The NSW Under 19s City and NSW Under 19s Country teams both gave a good account of themselves at the National Championships and were both unlucky to miss out on the finals,” Hilder said.
“I’m really happy with the squad that has been named to face Queensland and I’m looking forward to watching the next generation of NSW stars when they take the field.”
Harvey Norman NSW Women’s Under 19s State of Origin team:
1. Jamie Chapman (Tweed Seagulls)
2. Charlize Lloyd-Phillips (Indigenous Academy Sydney Roosters)
3. Andie Robinson (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
4. Cassey Tohi-Hiku (St George Dragons)
5. Teagan Berry (Illawarra Steelers)
6. Luisa Yaranamua (St George Dragons)
7. Tayla Montgomery (Indigenous Academy Sydney Roosters)
8. Fatafehi Hanisi (St George Dragons)
9. Rueben Cherrington (St George Dragons)
10. Rose Lina Tau (Illawarra Steelers)
11. Hope Tevaga (Wests Tigers)
12. Chantel Tugaga (Illawarra Steelers)
13. Lilly Baker (Glebe Dirty Reds)
14. Taneka Todhunter (Indigenous Academy Sydney Roosters)
15. Tegan Dymock (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
16. Folau Vaki (Wests Tigers)
17. Jordyn Preston (Illawarra Steelers)
18. Keele Brown (Illawarra Steelers)
19. Leilani Wilson (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Coach: Blake Cavallaro